- 5ml premium grease w/curved-tip dispenser
- Low-viscosity formula perfect for switch guides, stems, and stabilizers
- Plastic-safe + Wide Temperature Range
EK "MechLube 2" Premium Keyboard Lubricant w/PTFE
EK MechLube 2 has been formulated for keyboard applications where a low-viscosity lubricant is desired. The addition of PTFE (also known as Teflon) helps keep parts moving as smoothly as possible.
MechLube 2 is best used on plastic-plastic matings with tight tolerances like switch guides, switch stems, and stabilizers; specifically Realforce and HHKB keyboards as well as Cherry and ALPS switch stems. It is non-reactive and has wide temperature stability, but may need to be reapplied every 6 months or so.
MechLube 2's curved-tip syringe makes application in tight spots a breeze. The red arrows in the photo examples provided on this page point towards the most common greasing points of mechanical keyboards stabilizers. It's a good idea to first test how much grease comes out of the tip at a given pressure before applying it to your stabilizers; the curved tip can be trimmed with scissors if the grease flow is too slow. Only a hairs breadth of grease is needed in most applications! Warning -- Application to switch stem guides is not recommended unless noticeable friction due to age and wear is present. Only the smallest amount is needed!
- 5mL net volume premium PTFE grease
- Stable consistency over wide temperature range and time
- Plastic safe - won't melt, stain, or brittle plastic over time
- High dielectric strength (non-conductive) and low volatility (no fumes!)
- EASY-TO-USE curved-tip syringe dispenser